Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, April 16, 2010

Coffee and Dessert for Four: Fabulous Tableware Part 3

Time for coffee (tea for me) and dessert! We'll leave the dishes for later.


In my first two post in this series, Dinner for Four: Fabulous Tableware and Cocktail Hour for Four: Fabulous Tableware, I show you how to supplement your serving ware with a couple stylish pieces. When you have guests over you don't need to spend a lot of moola. Just a few accents will really freshen up your table.


My places to go are West Elm and CB2 for good prices and sensational looks.


So before we start, would you like one lump or two? Cream? sugar?


COFFEE HOUR AND OF COURSE, DESSERT (we can't forget that!)

The Menu

Coffee & Tea
fruit


*Note About the Six-Minute Cake. I love a chocolate dessert. I found this recipe in Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home. It's great because you can mix all the ingredients in the baking pan, and it's quick and easy. The Moosewood cookbook says that they first spotted the recipe in a 1976 House & Garden magazine. Which might explain why when I served it to my two aunties, one aunt was familiar with it. Also the recipe in my cookbook specifies unsweetened cocoa powder.


COFFEE AND DESSERT

These mugs are perfect for when you have guests. Quite unique...

Spoon Coffee Mug: $3.95 each or 4 for $15.80


Colorful dessert plates...

Dessert Plates: $2.95-$3.95


Here is another possibility... these would go great with the PATCH serveware I mentioned in PART 1.

Plates: Sold in sets of 4: $14-$18

Check my first two blogposts for Dinner and Drinks.


Now you're ready to have that party!




Bookmark and Share





1 comment:

  1. Ooo, I love Moosewood. Also, I love the plates in the first image of the Fabulous Talbeware post, and I love these little black and white plates. I wish I were a millionaire.

    ReplyDelete

Chronicle

Art + Photo 30% Button

BlogFlux

Fashion blogs

BlogCatalog

Shopping Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Blog Top Sites

Resources Blogs